Pages

Friday 13 January 2017

Creativity takes Courage

Part of my re-organising process was to put up this little chalk board that one of my students gave me as a Christmas present. It now sits above me while I sit here typing and it's the first thing I see when I go down into the "beading room".



After a hectic year of markets and full time work in 2016, I really needed a break from all my beads over the Christmas period. Wow! I never thought I would say that! In fact I think it's the largest break I've ever had out of what we all call the 'beading room', but when I stumbled along this quote in the endless world of pinterest, I suddenly found some of my mojo again. I started planning, designing, drawing, making endless idea lists and basically getting into the swing of things.

But it's not always that easy. I know so many gorgeous crafting artists who struggle with so many doubts and insecurities about their product, pricing, marketing, the list can be endless and I must admit at times I feel these things too but then I felt something 'click' when I saw this quote.

CREATIVITY DOES TAKE COURAGE!  You are putting yourself out there for everyone to see a little piece of you.
*What if they don't like it?
*What if they love it, but they balk at the cost?
*Or maybe they do the "Oh I could make that for less than that".

Unfortunately, what a lot of people don't understand is that whatever you make has a little piece of you inside, some of your LOVE and that takes an extraordinary amount of courage. So for all the handmadies out there; the seamstresses, crocheters, knitters, bag makers, candle makers, glass makers, jewellers and artists of any form putting love into the world, thank you. You make this world a better place, a place where old traditions won't be lost, creativity is valued, and generations to come will have something to teach the new generations. This blog post is for you. Creativity takes Courage and you have it in spades!!
Liz xxx

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. If You Want To Buy buy gold jewellery online Online Click Here.

    ReplyDelete